Yes, I provide birth support (doula) services.
I am currently offering my services at half the price of the fees mentioned below, this is because I am a stay at home mum this year and I may sometimes have a baby strapped to me (during visits, education courses and some of the early labour visits)! So far this has been working very well and smoothly, but I realise it is not as professional as possible, hence the warning upfront and the great reduced rates!
The way I see my birth support (doula) role:
Priority number one – I will do whatever you decide you want from having me there!
The other top priority! My role is to protect you, to be your body guard, to give you total space and privacy – to keep your birth area undisturbed and unhindered. (this space will often include the woman AND her partner – it is all about how the woman wants her birth to be).
Once a woman has this private, protected space she can then choose to relax and open her body to birth her child.
She wants to know that her child will be safe and untouched by others, as she imprints with her baby in the first hour and then the next 24 hours.
“A labouring woman needs to be protected: language (the main stimulant of the human neocortex), light (another stimulant of the cortex), the proximity of persons releasing adrenaline (adrenaline release is highly contagious), inappropriate ambient temperature, any situation or device that can give a laboring woman the feeling that she is observed, etc.” ~ Obstetrician, Dr Michel Odent
At your Birth I provide:
* My reassuring presence throughout (I have birthed naturally myself and have a strong belief and faith in the woman’s body)
* My skills as a communicator (assisting you and your family to get all the information you need to make fully informed decisions)
* My skills as a counsellor (providing a safe space for you to release fears and anxieties)
* My skills as a birth educator (explaining birth terms and jargon where required, reminding you of your bodies physiology and hormones and how they are functioning for birth, guiding you through all the recommended tools and techniques for labour)
* My skills as a woman who trusts and believes in birth (assisting the family to tune into feelings of calm, patience and even enjoyment)
* My skills as a human (providing care, nurturing, patience, trust, faith, hope, warmth, unconditional love and acceptance).
* My skills as a hypnotherapist (assisting you to induce self hypnosis, deepen your state, alert where required and re-enter your state smoothly)
* My skills with Belly Dance for Birth, I provide dance instruction, music and scarves if you think it sounds like fun 🙂
* Sound tracks of positive affirmations for birth and relaxation music.
If you are completing your birth education with me (HypnoBirthing) the extra add on fee for my attendance as a Birth Supporter is $500. This package includes your birth and two post birth visits (~one hour each).
If you have not completed HypnoBirthing but wish to hire me as your birth supporter. The fee is $1050. This includes: Three pre-birth visits at your home (1.5 hours each), attendance at your birth and two post birth visits (~one hour).
Call and ask as many questions as you can!
I highly recommend that you call and visit about three different doulas and follow your mummie gut instinct about who you clink with. It is vital that you feel comfortable with the people that you invite into your birthing space.
Natalie 0406 934 645